Palmyra Community Library
Monthly Board of Trustees Meeting
June 16, 2022, 6:30 p.m. This is an in person meeting.
Present: Debbie Nagle, Mike Braell, Chris Ossont, Sharon Sweeney, Sarah Wimer, Patricia Baynes-Director, Sheryl LaDelfa-Treasurer Excused: Sandy Goehle, Ian Priestley
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, “ the minutes of the June 16, 2022 Monthly Board of Trustees Meeting were unanimously approved.”
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, “the Director's report for June 2022 was unanimously approved.”
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, “the June 2022 Treasurer’s Report was unanimously approved, including Abstract #7, vouchers 2022-100 --- 2022-113, with $12,293.27 funds requested and approximately $16,000 for payroll transferred.” Sheryl noted Down to Earth Landscaping bills will be noted on Grounds Maintenance line of the Financials and be paid out of Memorial Funds. Floor refinishing to be noted under Grounds Maintenance line and to be paid from Building Reserve Funds. After discussion, a motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved “to accept the increased rate of $35/visit for Dave Peck’s mowing contract.”
Public Comment: none
Finance Committee: Did not meet
Policy Committee: Did not meet.
Facilities Committee: Did not meet.
Evaluation Committee: Did not meet.
Upcoming Trustee Workshops:
Check the PLS website for new Trustee workshop offerings in 2022. There are several workshops of interest coming up.
Items for Discussion/Resolution:
· Patricia provided an update on the Causewave Stakeholder Perception Survey and noted that 252 responses had been received, much more input than last survey. The committee will meet with Causewave on July 26 to review the results.
· Patricia led a discussion of the painting/window sill project. A motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved “to accept the bid from Well Hung Drywall for work on replacement window sills. Treasurer was authorized to pre-audit pay 50% down as per the contract. The bid of $4400 is to be paid from Memorial Funds.”
· Rear parking lot paving project bids were opened at 6:00 prior to the meeting. After discussion, a motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved “to accept the $58,450 bid from All County Construction for the project.”
· Patricia shared an estimate from ASI Signage do the interior signage update, A motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved “to accept the bid from ASI Signage, not to exceed $4000, for the interior signage update. This will be paid from Memorial Funds.” It was noted that this is the final remaining goal from our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan.
· Patricia reported that Betsey Lewis and the Loan Closet volunteers were excited to have been nominated for the Dixie Pritte awards. The ceremony will take place at PCL on Tuesday, September
Upcoming Events at PCL: Please refer to the July 2022 newsletter, PCL website or call the Library to check out all that’s going on.
Strategic Plan 2018-2022:
· Completed- installation of energy efficient AC for 1st floor-(2018)
· Completed-set-up of a suggestion box on the PCL website to collect patron feedback.(July 2018)
· Completed - back steps repair/improvement project.(Oct. 2018)
· Completed- external audit of PCL finances (Dec. 2018)
· Completed-Send Library news through monthly digital newsletters and e mail to increase public access to Library info (Dec. 2018)
· Completed- Creation of a CommunityResource Guide with current information about local services and organizations, in print and digital formats.(Oct. 2019)
· Completed the front parking area, including, paving, lighting, landscaping and adding a drive –up book return. (July 2020)
On deck for 2022 completion:
1.Install interior signage as guides to the Library collection and all various areas of the building. 2. Next Long Range Plan- discussed possibility of adding a position of Building Superintendent to help keep up with Library maintenance.
A motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved to adjourn.
Next meeting-Thursday, July 21, 2022, 6:30.