Due to Covid 19 restrictions this was a virtual meeting.
Present: Debbie Nagle, Sandy Goehle, Mike Braell, Ian Priestley, Sharon Sweeney, Sarah Wimer, Patricia Baynes-Director, Sheryl LaDelfa-Treasurer
Excused: Chris Ossont
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, the meeting minutes of December 2020 were unanimously approved as written.
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, the Director's report for December 2020 was unanimously approved as written.
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, the December 2020 Treasurer’s Report was unanimously approved, including Abstract #1, vouchers 2021-1 – 2021-17.
There was no public comment.
1.Nothing new to report.
Buildings and Grounds:
1.Nothing new to report.
1. Deb, Sharon, Ian and Patricia will meet to revisit/update the Personnel and Emergency Policies.
1.Sandy noted that the Dec. 9 finance committee minutes had been shared digitally. The next meeting will be Jan. 27, 2021, at 6:00 in person at PCL, and includes Mike, Sandy, Chris and Sarah.
Items for Discussion/Resolution:
· Patricia gave an update from Paul Rubery concerning the endowment created for PCL. The papers have been signed and we should be getting letters with the terms from RACF shortly. The Board plans to use any accrued interest from this fund for Operational Expenses in the future.
· Debbie gave an update on the PPP loan received during the pandemic. The application for forgiveness of the loan was completed and received for review.
· Patricia updated the Cares Act funding she applied for through PLS.( received from FEMA) Any funds received will be applied to the purchase of 2 laptops, the Zoom subscription or the cost of PPE incurred during the pandemic.
Upcoming Events at PCL: Please refer to the winter newsletter, PCL website or call the Library to check out all that’s going on. Also workshops of interest to the Board coming up..please refer to the PLS website for information and registration.
Strategic Plan 2018-2022:
· Completed- installation of energy efficient AC for 1st floor-2018
· Completed-set-up of a suggestion box on the PCL website to collect patron feedback.(July 2018)
· Completed - back steps repair/improvement project.(Oct. 2018)
· Completed- external audit of PCL finances (Dec. 2018)
· Completed-Send Library news through monthly digital newsletters and e mail to increase public access to Library info (Dec. 2018)
· Completed- Creation of a CommunityResource Guide with current information about local services and organizations, in print and digital formats.(Oct. 2019)
· Completed the front parking area, including, paving, lighting, landscaping and adding a drive –up book return. (July 2020)
On deck for 2021 completion:
1.Install interior signage as guides to the Library collection and all various areas of the building.
2. Create a committee to begin planning for the next PCL Strategic Plan.
A motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved to adjourn.
Next meeting-Thursday, February 18, 2021, 7:00 p.m. * Note time change*