March 7 Special Meeting
Board of Trustees Special meeting
March 7, 2023, 6:30 p.m. This was an in person meeting.
Present: Sandy Goehle, Mike Braell, Sharon Sweeney, Chris Ossont, Sarah Wimer, Barbara Lloyd, Mary Beth Poupart , Ron Kirsop -OWWL Director Excused:
Public Comment: none
Items for Discussion:
· Mike shared some updates on the Interview Process including written contract/written agreement of a job offer, “ Provisional appointment” pending CS approval followed by a Probationary appointment. It was agreed to add an additional question to our interview question list.
· At 6:55, a motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved to “ Enter Executive Session for the purpose of interviewing a candidate for the PCL Library Manager Position.”
· At 7:47, a motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved to “Exit Executive Session.”
· Following the interview, Mike led a discussion about possible dates of a probationary period, some job offer specifics, and the need to send a notice of the Wayne County CS examination to both prospective candidates.
· Mike asked all Trustees to read page 23 of the NYS Handbook for Library Trustees regarding Oath of Office and be prepared to discuss at the next Board meeting.
· After discussion, a motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved that “ From this date, March 7, 2023, the 3rd floor space at the Palmyra Community Library shall be known as The Patricia Baynes Community Room. The motion will be read and a plaque honoring Patricia’s service will be presented at her Retirement Party.
· A motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved to “Adjourn at 7:55.”