March 27 Special Meeting
Board of Trustees Special Meeting Minutes
March 27, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
Present: Sandy Goehle, Mike Braell, Sharon Sweeney, Chris Ossont, Barbara Lloyd, Patricia Baynes-Director Excused: Sarah Wimer, Mary Beth Poupart, Sheryl Ladelfa-Treasurer
Mike called the meeting to order at 7:00.
Public Comment: there was no public comment
Addition to the Agenda: After discussion, a motion was made by Barb, seconded by Sharon and unanimously approved to “amend the agenda to add 2 issues for further discussion.”
Items for Discussion/Resolution:
· Mike led a discussion of possible amended wording to the PCL Personnel Policy. A motion was made by Sandy, seconded by Sharon and unanimously approved to “accept the proposed rewording of the Vacation portion of the Personnel Policy”. “Upon hire, the Library Manager/Director will be eligible for 2 weeks (80 hours) of paid vacation, and will earn an additional 2 weeks (80 hours) upon successful completion of the probationary period. The Library Manager/Director will earn 4 weeks (160 hours) of paid vacation annually thereafter.” “Vacation time may carry over and accumulate up to a maximum of 5 weeks (200 hours) for full-time employees or 150 hours for hourly employees who are not full-time.”
· After discussion with Patricia, the Board accepted her updated date of retirement to be no later than April 14, with accumulated vacation days to be used as Patricia helps to transition the new Library Manager.
· At 7:20, Sheila Koeberle entered the Special Board Meeting. A motion was made by Sharon, seconded by Sandy and unanimously approved “that the Board of Trustees of PCL hire Sheila Koeberle as Library Manager with a start date of Monday, April 3, 2023, at a base pay rate of $25.50 per hour and a probationary period of 52 weeks.”
The permanent appointment of this position is subject to approval by Civil Service.
· Sheila was administered and signed the Oath of Office, Conflict of Interest and Whistleblower Policy, and Patricia notarized the necessary documents.
· Mike led a brief discussion of the need to update our PCL policies on Selection, Open Meetings, Rules of Conduct, First Amendment Audit Policy. With Board approval, these will be added to the April agenda for further discussion.
· Sandy will send thank you notes to the applicants for the Library Manager position.
A motion was made by Sharon, seconded by Chris and unanimously approved to “adjourn at 7:50”.
Next meeting- Thursday, April 20, 2023, 6:30.