Palmyra Community Library
Monthly Board of Trustees Meeting
July 15, 2021, 6:30 p.m.
This is an in person meeting.
Present: Debbie Nagle, Sandy Goehle, Mike Braell, Ian Priestley, Sharon Sweeney, Sarah Wimer, Patricia Baynes-Director Excused: Chris Ossont, Sheryl LaDelfa
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, the amended minutes of the June 17, 2021 were unanimously approved.
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, the Director's report for June 2021 was unanimously approved.
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, the June 2021 Treasurer’s Report was unanimously approved, including Abstract #7, vouchers 2021-110 --- 2021-126.
Public Comment: none
1.Patricia led a discussion for 2022 Library Construction Grant Aid Award Recommendation. The Board agreed to accept the project ( window sill replacement and back parking lot rehabilitation.) A motion was made, seconded, and unanimously approved “that PCL intends to move forward in completing the full State Aid for Library Construction Application with the project cost and recommended award amount stated.” The 2020 Library Construction Grant will be amended to an upgrade of the Library’s camera system. Patricia will send in the amended proposal for the upgrade to the PCL security camera system, including the estimate from Doyle.
1.Will meet in September.
1.Sandy noted that the June 16, 2021 finance committee minutes had been shared digitally. Discussions included amendments to the By Laws and salary increases for 2022 the Budget. Mike shared proposed changes/ updates in wording to several sections of the By Laws. After further discussion, a motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved “to accept the changes to the By Laws, as written.”
1.With several other projects requiring attention, a Facilities Committee was formed, comprised of Patricia, Sarah and Ian. They plan to begin meeting in September.
Building and Grounds:
1.An August date will be scheduled with Architectural Sheet Metal Specialties for the previously approved gutter repair and roof coating.
Items for Discussion/Resolution:
· The Dixie Prittie award recipients will be celebrated on July 19, 6:00, with set up beginning at 5:30. Debbie will present the award to Patricia and her PCL staff.
· Debbie reminded the Board of various Trustee workshops being offered by PLS. Descriptions of the classes and registration is available on the PLS website.
· Mike reminded the Board of the timeline for upcoming Staff, Director and Board self evaluations.
Upcoming Events at PCL: Please refer to the summer newsletter, PCL website or call the Library to check out all that’s going on.
Strategic Plan 2018-2022:
· Completed- installation of energy efficient AC for 1st floor-(2018)
· Completed-set-up of a suggestion box on the PCL website to collect patron feedback.(July 2018)
· Completed - back steps repair/improvement project.(Oct. 2018)
· Completed- external audit of PCL finances (Dec. 2018)
· Completed-Send Library news through monthly digital newsletters and e mail to increase public access to Library info (Dec. 2018)
· Completed- Creation of a CommunityResource Guide with current information about local services and organizations, in print and digital formats.(Oct. 2019)
· Completed the front parking area, including, paving, lighting, landscaping and adding a drive –up book return. (July 2020)
· On deck for 2021 completion:
1.Install interior signage as guides to the Library collection and all various areas of the building.
2. Create a committee to begin planning for the next PCL Strategic Plan.
A motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved to adjourn.
Next meeting-Thursday, August 19, 2021, 6:30.