Monthly Board of Trustees Meeting
April 15, 2021, 6:30 p.m.
This is an in person meeting.
Present: Debbie Nagle, Sandy Goehle, Mike Braell, Ian Priestley, Chris Ossont, Sharon Sweeney, Sarah Wimer, Patricia Baynes-Director, Sheryl LaDelfa-Treasurer
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, the corrected minutes of the March 18, 2021 were unanimously approved.
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, the Director's report for March 2021 was unanimously approved as written.
Upon a motion duly made and seconded, the March 2021 Treasurer’s Report was unanimously approved, including Abstract #4, vouchers 2021-52 --- 2021-67.
1.Patricia reported that the 2020 NYS Construction Grant for the roof needs to be used and work started by April 14. Several estimates were received, but after discussion of expert recommendations it was decided the roof does not need to be replaced for many more years. Yearly sealing of the roof was recommended and Patricia received an estimate. Several other projects utilizing the grant money were discussed. Patricia received estimates for heating the current Loan Closet area and replacement and painting of several rotting windowsills. Patricia also reported little luck in getting estimates for the gutter repair.(This would still be appropriate use of the grant funds, but would require an amendment to the original grant.) Patricia will continue to seek estimates for these proposed projects.
1.Another meeting will be scheduled soon.
1.Sandy noted that the March 24, 2021 finance committee minutes had been shared digitally. Mike announced the next meeting of April 28, 2021, 6:00 in person at PCL. Sheryl suggested we work with LNB of Macedon rather than Newark.
Building and Grounds:
1.Patricia shared a proposed mowing contract from David Peck. After discussion, a motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved to accept Peck’s mowing contract for summer 2021.
Items for Discussion/Resolution:
· Patricia showed the new PCL logo to be used on letterheads, PR and stationary. Thank you Stephanie for your help.
· Patricia reported receiving notification that the PCL Endowment Fund has been established and grants from the fund will begin annually in May/June 2022.
· Debbie reminded the Board of various Trustee workshops being offered by PLS. Descriptions of the classes and registration is available on the PLS website.
· Sheryl reported that PCL financial papers had been picked up 4/15/21. Mike DeBadts from Mengel, Metzger, Barr will be starting the PCL audit and preparing the 2020 taxes.
· Mike updated the Trustees concerning a credit card for PCL, and a Policy governing its use. Further investigation will take place, comparing accounts from CNB and LNB, before any decisions are recommended.
Upcoming Events at PCL: Please refer to the spring newsletter, PCL website or call the Library to check out all that’s going on.
Strategic Plan 2018-2022:
· Completed- installation of energy efficient AC for 1st floor-(2018)
· Completed-set-up of a suggestion box on the PCL website to collect patron feedback.(July 2018)
· Completed - back steps repair/improvement project.(Oct. 2018)
· Completed- external audit of PCL finances (Dec. 2018)
· Completed-Send Library news through monthly digital newsletters and e mail to increase public access to Library info (Dec. 2018)
· Completed- Creation of a CommunityResource Guide with current information about local services and organizations, in print and digital formats.(Oct. 2019)
· Completed the front parking area, including, paving, lighting, landscaping and adding a drive –up book return. (July 2020)
On deck for 2021 completion:
1.Install interior signage as guides to the Library collection and all various areas of the building.
2. Create a committee to begin planning for the next PCL Strategic Plan.
A motion was made, seconded and unanimously approved to adjourn.
Next meeting-Thursday, May 20, 2021, 6:30.